AL Post 115 &
Walnut Creek Post 115
Walnut Creek Post 115 was initially organized under charter on November 6, 1919. The Charter was signed by Henry Lindsley, Chairman of the National Executive Committe and David Barrons the California State Chairman.There were 33 Charter members. A 40 & 8 Chapter (Voiture and Cabanne # 573) was established on June 21, 1923. The Post was given its official designation on May 7, 1924 and signed by the Department Commander James Collins and National Commander John R. Durin.
The Post Membership and activities varied over the next several years but enjoyed considerable success after WW II and Korea. There was an additional spurt when the Post absorbed the membership of Rossmoor Post 297 in 1995. Membership had averaged about 230 but, over the years, diminishing numbers of the WW II and Korea era Veterans has attrited the membership to the point where the Post became ineffective.
The decision was made in late 2007 to dissolve Post 115 and return its Charter to National Headquarters. The administrative process of merging Post 115 into Lafayette Post 517 was begun with completion scheduled by mid-2008. However, Post 115 members began meeting with Post 517 immediately upon initiation of the merger which is being managed by Jim Hart and Al Seguin, the last Commander and Adjutant of Post 115.
All contact and meeting information should be referenced through Lafayette Post 517.
Calendar of Events
There is a monthly newsletter and calendar.
3780 Mt. Diablo Blvd., Lafayette, CA 94549 925-283-1153 Copyright 2008